I’ve written about travel, breaking news, development, restaurants, crime and politics, plus content for websites, shareholder reports and other publications. Member of the Society of American Travel Writers.
As as an editor for more than 10 years at the Associated Press and Philadelphia Daily News, I honed expert skills in editing for content, clarity, style and more. Contact me for rates on a wide range of editing services.
My photographs have been published in numerous publications and websites. Find a sample of my work on the Portfolio page.
In Philadelphia, I founded a neighborhood blog, PassyunkPost.com, and turned it into a profitable news website for up to 50,000 readers a month before passing the torch to another journalist.
1 Game Show
October 2017 – Present
Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street Magazine
- I’ve traveled to Portugal to write about cornbread, Italy to write about roast pork, Georgia (the country) for roast chicken with walnut sauce, the Canary Islands for potatoes, Armenia for barbecue and more.
- Research and write seven to nine bylined stories per issue.
- Copy edit each issue cover to cover according to AP style; edit email communications and newsletters for all departments.
June 2016 – Present
Freelance Writer and Editor
- Besides Milk Street, I have written, taken photographs and produced pieces for Associated Press, CNN, The Boston Globe, The Philadelphia Inquirer, American Public Media, Luxury Travel Advisor, CruiseCritic.com, AAA Traveler Worldwise, AAA Northeast, WRTI-FM and other outlets.
- I have more than 10 years of experience editing and proofreading news, features, websites, financial reports, academic papers, marketing materials, translations, nonprofit pamphlets, resumes and more. Member of the Society of American Travel Writers.
- Board member and founding editor of Philadelphia Obituary Project, a nonprofit website dedicated to honoring the city’s homicide victims. Established relationships with police department, victims services groups and families to write positive stories. Recruited and manage reporters. Executed media promotion plan and got national coverage with the Associated Press and NPR’s All Things Considered, international coverage from The (London) Independent, as well as several local stories, including The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Created and edited web content for Circles Learning Labs, a Barcelona-based executive training start-up. Took control of voice of email communications.
October 2014 – May 2016
East Region State Government editor
- I coordinated coverage among reporters in statehouses throughout the 10-state East Region, stretching from Ohio to New Jersey and up to Maine. I also edited spot news and enterprise stories on all topics.
- Responded to breaking news and wrote or updated stories. Contributed reporting. Wrote compelling headlines. Conceived of and edited enterprise stories. Coordinated with multimedia staff and the AP’s journalists around the globe.
June 2012 – January 2017
- I built a hyperlocal website covering a host of topics in the booming neighborhood of South Philadelphia, including restaurants, development, events, retail, openings, closings, quality of life issues and other aspects of city living.
- Audience reached up to 50,000 unique visitors a month. Attracted more than 40 advertisers and managed a stable of more than 30 contributing writers. I sold the site in 2017.
February 2008 – May 2014
Philadelphia Daily News
Assistant City Editor
- I supervised a team of up to 10 reporters, assigned stories and managed the Page 1 enterprise calendar while balancing the daily demands of breaking news.
September 2008 – May 2012
- I designed an immersive, writing-intensive curriculum for Writing for Journalism. Emphasized detailed feedback to achieve marked improvement for up to 20 students per class.
Master of Journalism
Bachelor of Journalism
Spanish: B1 Certified
Los Angeles Times
“An obit for every Philadelphia homicide victim”
—Dec. 1, 2017
- AAA Northeast
- AAA Traveler
- American Public Media
- Associated Press
- Boston Globe
- Breaking News
- Christopher Kimball's Milk Street Magazine
- City Guide
- Content Marketing
- Cruise Critic
- Luxury Travel Advisor
- Philadelphia Inquirer
based in Barcelona
+1 (267) 341-7738
+34 627 135 842